The Root Causes
Error 404 page not found causes when you try to access a link or URL which is not found on the website. As the result, it will show a page not found telling you that the particular link is not available.
In some cases, you may notice that the link was previously able to access. The website administrator might change or remove it from the website due to their preference or requirements.
How to Fix Error 404 Page Not Found
Recheck the URL. It might typo during you enter the link whether it word, alphabet or symbol. For example, the correct URL https://www.howmanuals.com/about-us but if you type https://www.howmanuals.com/aboutus and the result will show error 404.
The word, alphabet or symbol should be 100% correct in the URL.
If you visit the website from another website or you click the URL from the same website, it means in the first place the URL is correct. It has just been removed by the website administrator.
The error shown on the website might be different but it means the same thing. For example, you might see the result like:
- 404 Page Not Found
- 404 File or Directory Not Found
- HTTP 404
- 404 Resource not found
- Error 404
- 404 Not Found
- Error 404 Not Found
Use the search function on the website to find what you need. The content you are looking for might be available on other pages or posts.
Clear your internet browser cache. Start browsing from the beginning.
If you’re using Mozilla Firefox, you may read this guide on How To Clear Mozilla Firefox Browsing Data, Cookies, Site Data and Cache.
If you’re using Google Chrome, read here on How To Clear Browsing Data, Cookies and Cache.
Contact the website owner by using their contact form. Tell them that the page is inaccessible and they are happy to fix it for you.
How to Benefit from Error 404
If you are the website’s owner, don’t be afraid of Error 404 Page Not Found. It is still there because not all the links have content on it.
What you can do is:
1. Put the Search Box at the 404 Pages so that your reader can quickly search the content. If you are using WordPress, some of the themes have 404 configurations. You also can use free WordPress plugins related to Error 404 such as Redirection, All 404 Redirect and 404 to 301.
2. Put an email subscription form so that you can get the user’s email address. It’s good for email marketing campaigns to broadcast any news, promotion, product or service that you offer. Even in this error 404, you can early inform and educate the subscribers on this error on the website.
3. Put offer either your product or affiliate. Cool down your visitor by offering something.
3. Put advertisements like Google Adsense within the 404 Page.
[…] To protect your devices from unethical hacker activities. With internet surfing activities, we don’t realize some of the websites might insecure. Some of them look genuine but contain lots of traps and errors. […]
[…] one is better in terms of image compression? The results might be varied depending on the algorithm that has been used by that particular […]
[…] When you finish the procedures, the firewall will begin to defend your computer against nefarious connections. […]